If we wait for the summer season for one reason, then it is watermelon… Yes, for the real fun of watermelons who are fond of food and enjoy the cool watermelon in summer, then we wait for summer. But do you know that watermelon gives you not only taste but also health? Watermelon contains about 95% of water. Which keeps your body hydrated during the summer season. The scientific name of watermelon is Citrullus lanatus. By the way, watermelons have started getting available in the market now. But the watermelon we eat in summer is not the answer. That is, the best time to eat watermelon is mid-June to mid-August. Watermelons found at this time are ripe as well as sweet.
Ingredients found in Watermelon (per 100 grams )
- Calories 30
- Fat 0.2 g
- Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g
- Sodium 1 mg
- Potassium 112 mg
- Carbohydrate 8 g
- Dietary fiber 0.4 g
- Sugar 6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
- Sugar baby
- Durgapur saffron
- Durgapur sweet
- Kashi Pitambar
- Pusa Pang
Read More:-Sweet Lemon(Mausami) – Health Benefits
Benefits of Watermelon
- Watermelon contains antioxidants that strengthen the immune system. Vitamin C is also found in plenty in watermelon. Vitamin C increases the body’s ability to fight against diseases.
- Watermelon contains nutrients like potassium which helps to keep the heart-healthy. According to the WHO, an adult human should eat 3,510 mg of potassium a day to keep the heart healthy and watermelon is a good source of potassium.
- Eating watermelon daily also keeps the eyes healthy. Watermelon contains beta carotene and vitamin A which protects the eyes from diseases like night blindness and cataract.
- If you are on dieting then watermelon will prove to be very beneficial for you. An element called citrulline present in watermelon reduces fat from the body. Watermelon is high in water, so it is also a good option for dieters. Apart from this, watermelon is also rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Consuming watermelon while maintaining freshness and moisture in your skin is also helpful in enhancing beauty. It is also effective in protecting against wrinkles. Better cleaning of the skin can be done by rubbing a piece of melon on the skin.
- Lycopene present in watermelon protects you from this serious disease by eliminating cancer cells. Eating watermelon with black salt and pepper eliminates the problem of indigestion and the digestive system works better.
- Watermelon also has many benefits for a deadly disease like diabetes. It contains less sugar. Therefore it does not promote diabetes. According to one report, watermelon has antioxidants as well as anti-diabetic properties.
- Watermelon is rich in nutrients like folic acid, calcium, vitamin A and B12 and iron, which are needed during pregnancy. And its nutrients are beneficial for both mother and child.
- Watermelon can also be consumed to relieve stress. Watermelon is rich in vitamin C, which is known as antistress. Vitamin-C is a well-known antioxidant, which works to relieve anxiety, stress, depression, and fatigue and to correct mood.