The ” Statue of Unity” of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is 182 meters high (597 feet) and it is the tallest statue in the world. The special thing is that Rs 2,989 crore has been spent in making it and it has been made by Larsen & Toubro Company. This idol is at a place named Sadhu Bet, 3.2 km from Sardar Sarovar Dam, which is an island on the Narmada River. More than 3000 people and more than 250 engineers worked to make this statue. Due to its height, this statue has now become the tallest statue in the world. The second place in the world now has a statue of Buddha in the Spring Temple in China, whose height is 153 meters. The Government of Gujarat hopes that tourists from not only the country but also from abroad will come to see this giant statue. Due to this, special arrangements have also been made by the government for the stay of tourists. The government will also put a ticket for income. This statue is located 3.5 kilometers from the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the Narmada River. SN Subramanian, chief executive officer and managing director of idol maker L&T, said, “While the Statue of Unity is a symbol of national pride and unity, it is also an honor for India’s engineering skills and project management capabilities.”
Before the Statue of Unity, the Taj Mahal of Agra was the first in terms of earnings. According to data from the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) department, the list of top 5 revenue generating monuments of India includes the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Qutub Minar, Fatehpur Sikri and Red Fort of Delhi, along with the Statue of Unity. The Taj Mahal, which has been in the limelight in the last few years, earned the highest of Rs 56.83 crore last year.
Top Facts About Statue of Unity
- The total weight of the Statue of Unity is 1700 tons and height is 522 feet i.e. 182 meters. The statue is unique in itself. Its foot height is 80 fit, arm height is 70 fit, shoulder height is 140 fit and face height is 70 ft.
- This idol has been constructed under the supervision of Ram V. Sutar. Ram V. Sutar, who had celebrated his craft in the country and abroad, was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the government in 2016. Earlier in the year 1999, he has also been conferred the Padma Shri. Apart from this, he has also been awarded other awards including the Life Time Achievement of the Bombay Art Society. These days he is also preparing to design the statue of Shivaji in the sea of Mumbai. The Maharashtra government says that this statue will also surpass the Statue of Unity and will be the tallest statue in the world.
- The 153 meters tall Buddha statue of Spring Temple in China had the record of being the tallest statue so far. But the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel has now left this idol installed in China at another place. The 182 meter high ‘Statue of Unity’ is twice the size of New York’s 93 meter high ‘Statue of Liberty’.
- Statue maker Larsen & Toubro claimed that the Statue of Unity is the world’s tallest statue and was built in a record time of just 33 months. While it took 11 years to build the Buddha statue of Spring Temple. According to the company, this statue is almost twice as high as the Statue of Liberty in New York.
- About 2,989 crore rupees were spent to build this statue of Sardar Patel. According to the company, the entire construction has been done in the country, except for the partial work of adding bronze. This statue is located 3.5 kilometers from the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the Narmada River. The company said that the raft construction actually started on December 19, 2015, and was completed in 33 months.
- The foundation stone of this memorial was laid on October 31, 2013, on the occasion of Patel’s 138th anniversary, when PM Narendra Modi was the Chief Minister of Gujarat. For this, the BJP also started a campaign to collect iron in the entire country.
- Rs 1,347 crore was spent in making the main statue of Sardar Patel, while Rs 235 crore was spent on the exhibition hall and auditorium center. At the same time, 657 crore rupees will be spent on the maintenance of the structure for the next 15 years after the completion of the construction work. 83 crore rupees were spent on the construction of the bridge.
Ticket Price of Statue of Unity?
To see this idol, you also have to spend money. Two categories of tickets have been created, in which there are a gallery view and a non-gallery ticket. If you want to visit the gallery, museum, and valley of flowers, then if you want to see the entire scene, then from three-year-olds to adults, a ticket of Rs 350 will have to be taken and Rs 30 will have to be paid. That means a man’s expenditure will be 380 rupees. For online ticketing, there will be no charge for payment through net banking or debit card, while booking with a credit card will attract 1% GST on the total amount.
How To Reach Statue of Unity?
Vadodara is the nearest airport and rail line. It is 89 km from Kevadiya. From here you can reach Kevadia via road. Apart from this, Bharuch is also the nearest railway station. If you come from Ahmedabad, you will have to cover a distance of 200 km. In addition, there is a plan to run a seaplane service from Sabarmati Riverfront to Panchmuli Lake.