Kiwi is not a very popular fruit, but its benefits will surprise you. The brown peeled kiwi is soft, green in color. Small black seeds are also present inside it. It tastes sweet. This fruit is easily available in the market. Kiwi is also the national fruit of China. The kiwi’s scientific name is Actinidia deliciosa and it is also cultivated in New Zealand, Italy, and Brazil.
- Calories 61
- Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated fat 0 g
- Polyunsaturated fat 0.3 g
- Monounsaturated fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Potassium 312 mg
- Carbohydrate 15 g
- Dietary fiber 3 g
- Sugar 9 g
- Protein 1.1 g
Varieties of Kiwi
Feminine varieties: Abott, Bruno, Hayward, Monty, Kramer, Greensil, Allison, Vicent, Tewi, Gracie, Jones and Elmwood.
Masculine varieties: Matua, Tomuri, and M-3. The recently introduced varieties are M51, M52, M54, M56, Chieftain, and Autari.
Types of Kiwi fruit
Green Kiwi:- Green kiwi is green on the inside. In which the amount of antioxidants is very less.
Gold Kiwi:- This kiwi is dark yellow in color and much healthier and juicy than green kiwi.
Read More:-Beetroot – Health Benefits
Benefits of Kiwi Fruit for health
- Kiwi rich in vitamin C have enough anti-oxidants. Which is helpful in keeping many types of infections safe.
- Kiwi is helpful in controlling cholesterol. Its regular intake increases the amount of good cholesterol in the body. It is mainly beneficial in many diseases related to the heart.
- Kiwi has inflammatory properties. In such a situation, if you have a complaint of Arthritis, then the regular consumption of Kiwi will be beneficial for you. Apart from this, it helps to heal internal wounds and reduce inflammation.
- Kiwi is rich in fiber. Regular intake of kiwi is also beneficial in the constipation problem. The presence of fiber also helps indigestion.
- Pregnant women require 400 to 600 micrograms of folic acid per day. It is a good source of folic acid. Its intake can greatly benefit the development of the brain of the child in the womb.
- If you do not get enough sleep, consume kiwi. This will keep the mind calm and you will also get better sleep. Eating kiwi improves the quality of sleep by 5 to 12 percent.
- Elements present in kiwi prevent blood clotting. Due to which the problem is reduced and serious diseases like cancer can also be avoided.
- Kiwi contains lutein, which keeps our skin and tissues healthy. Consumption of kiwi keeps many eye diseases away. Most of the eye problems are due to the destruction of this lutein. Apart from this, there is a lot of vitamin A in Kiwi, which keeps the eyesight good.
- Kiwi contains a high amount of potassium, which also keeps blood pressure under control. Consumption of kiwi lowers sodium levels in the body and protects against cardiovascular diseases.
- Kiwi fruit is rich in vitamin K and calcium, which is essential for bone health. They also help reduce the fight against bone injuries and osteoporosis.
- If you have dengue then you can consume kiwi because by consuming kiwi you can reduce the problem of dengue to some extent. Being dengue reduces the number of plates in your blood. To increase the number of plates, you can consume kiwi.
- If you have chikungunya then you should consume kiwi, because kiwi has properties that reduce the number of plates that are chikungunya and also reduce the chances of getting chikungunya. So if you are suffering from chikungunya, you can consume kiwi.