After nine months of being in the womb and unbearable labor pains, when your baby’s echoes echo in your lap, your happiness doubles. But with this happiness, your responsibilities also increase. Responsibility to become a mother.
At the time of becoming a mother for the first time, you do not know how to take care of the child. How to embrace, how to feed, how to bathe. There are many responsibilities that parents have to take very carefully and wisely from the birth of the child to five years. we are going to tell you the easiest and safest ways to care for a newborn.
You may tremble with fear before raising your tender and delicate child in your lap. You are always afraid that if something goes wrong them what to do. But do not be afraid. Just try some such basic techniques and comfortably pick up the baby.
How to hold newborn
- Wash the hand should be clean before raising the newborn baby so that the child is not at risk of infection. the disease-resistant ability of newborn is not that strong and they become susceptible to infection very quickly.
- While picking the child, hold his head and neck properly, like supporting them. place one hand under the head and neck and one hand under the feet and then support the child.
- The child should feel that he is swinging. tilt the child up and down lightly like a cradle. take care not to swing the newborn up or down. this can be dangerous. do not shake the child’s head too much. It makes the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
- Never push or shake the newborn hard, whether you are loving him .never raise the newborn at bedtime. It is better to rub his cheeks. always touch the newborn soft and velvety.
- always wrapped the newborn in soft and warm clothes. this makes the child feel quite safe. keep baby wrapped most of the time till 0-2 months. it keeps safe and healthy newborn from the environment or climate changes.
How to sleep your newborn
- Neonatal health requires a lot of rest for three months. during this time, children can sleep for 16 to 20 hours. Babies sleep for 6 to 8 hours after three months.
- If you are sleeping or resting, do not forget to breastfeed them every four hours. even at night, children sleep full nights for 6 to 8 hours for three months. If children are not able to sleep properly for 2 to 3 hours at night, then it is a matter of concern.
- The pillow on which the child is sleeping should be very light and soft, and the child’s head should not stay in one place on the pillow for too long, because of this, the head size may deteriorate. keep changing the position of the child’s head on the pillow. First right, then left and then in the middle.
- The newborn does not experience day and night. sometimes a child becomes more alert at night, awake and sleeps throughout the day. In such a situation, darken the need in the child’s room at night. If possible during the day, wake the child up and pat and play and talk with him so that he can sleep properly at night.
How to breastfeed your Newborn
Mother’s milk is a complete and balanced diet. newborns need only breast milk in their first six months. It provides all the necessary nutrients to the baby. breastfeed your baby for 6 months.
Mother’s milk is yellowish and thick. This milk is called colostrum (condensed milk or milk). Cholestrum is more nutritious than mature milk because it has more protein, more infection-fighting properties. This protects your baby from dangerous diseases caused by infection. It is also high in vitamin A.
If you are breastfeeding, do not eat anything upside down. Eat more of lentils and eat nutritious food. This will fall and increase breast milk. Do not smoke and intoxication
How to bottle feed your Newborn
The baby should be fed breast milk for six months after birth. Before using milk powder for a newborn baby, keep in mind that it has a specific quantity and how to make it, etc. Start only after reading the instructions on the milk carton. Keep these things in mind before bottle-feeding.
- Wash the bottle with boiled water. A bottle that is not cleaned with boiled water or mixing the wrong amount of milk powder can make a child sick.
- Get your baby bottle feeding every three hours.
- Do not forget to keep the remaining milk in the bottle in the freeze, and do not drink the same milk again, every time, feed only freshly made milk to the child.
- Always feed your baby by keeping the bottle feeding at an angle of 45 degrees. Keep in mind that the child is not sucking air when the bottle is empty.it may cause acidity in the baby belly.
How to wear to newborn
A newborn can wet the diaper 6 to 8 times throughout the day. so take care of baby clothes. wet clothes can cause infection and babies’ health can effect. so always wear clean clothes to your baby and cloth should be soft and ventilated clothes
Know how to Bath your newborn
After giving birth, give the baby a sponge bath for a week or wipe the body with the wet cloth. the child can be bathed regularly two or three times a week as soon as the wounds in the umbilical cord of the child dry up. the umbilical cord comes only when it comes out of the womb of the infant-mother. It is sliced and its wound takes time to dry.
- Keep in mind that the baby should not be bathed in cold or hot water in the first six months. lukewarm water is better for the bath.
- While bathing, close both the ears of the child thoroughly with the hand so that there is no water in the ear. immediately after bathing, wrap the child in a dry cloth and soon wipe the body and put the cloth on it.
Regularly check up of newborn
keep regular checkup of the baby for once in a month after birth. so that your baby can get better growth and be healthy. If there is any abnormal thing or movement in your baby, contact the doctor immediately.