The guava fruit has an important place in tree gardening. Considering its multi-utility and nutritional value, people call it the apple of the poor. Vitamin C is found in plenty in it. Preserved substances like jam, jelly, nectar, etc. are prepared from it. The scientific name of guava is Psidium guava.
Its successful cultivation can be done in many types of soil and climate. It gets so much and cheap in the rainy season that people call it the apple of the poor. now guava farming is possible in the winter season. It is a very beneficial fruit for health. Vitamin C is found in high amounts in it. In addition, vitamins A and B are also found. It contains iron, lime, and phosphorus in good quantity. Jelly and barfi (cheese) of guava are made. It can also be kept securely by closing it in compartments.
Nutrition Facts of Guava
Per 100 g calories 68, Carbohydrate 14.32 g, Sugar 8.92 g, Protein 2.55 g,Iron 0.26 mg (2%),Magnesium 22 mg (6%),Manganese 0.15 mg (8%)Phosphorus 40 mg (6%),Potassium 417 mg (9%),Sodium 2 mg (0%),Fat 0.95 g,Dietary fiber 5.4 g.
Varieties of guava
The major varieties of guava found suitable for gardening are as follows. There are Allahabad Safeda, Sardar 49 Lucknow, Sabanuma Guava, Allahabadabad Surkha, Behat Coconut. Apart from this, there are varieties like Chittidar, Red Fleshed, Dholka, Nashik Dharder, etc. Allahabad Safeda.
Read More:-Apple – Health Benefits
Benefits of Guava for health
- Guava is also helpful in reducing weight along with being tasty. It is very low in calories and high in fiber. Low guava contains 112 calories, which does not make you feel hungry for a long time and gradually starts to lose weight.
- Vitamin C strengthens the body’s ability to fight against diseases, but you might not know that guava has four times more vitamin C than oranges. This prevents small infusions like cough, cold.
- Vitamin A works to keep the eyes healthy. Nutrients found in guava reduce the chances of cataract formation. By eating this, the light of the weak eyes increases.
- Guava contains plenty of antioxidant lycopene, which also acts to prevent the cancer cell from increasing in the body.
- The fiber and potassium present in it are helpful in cholesterol control. Eating spontaneous heartburn and blood pressure is regular.
- Guava is also very beneficial for teeth and gums. Chewing guava leaves to relieve mouth blisters provides relief. Guava juice helps in healing the wound quickly.
- Magnesium also acts to control stress hormones, which are abundant in guava. If you want to overcome the exhaustion of the day, then eat guava. It does not cause mental fatigue
- If there is a bad smell in the mouth, chew the soft leaves of guava.
- Guava, which has anti-aging properties, repairs the damaged cell of the skin and keeps it healthy so that wrinkles and freckles do not occur quickly. Make a paste by grinding its leaves and then apply under the eyes. This will correct the swelling and dark circles of the eyes.
- If you are with black salt intake guava It removes the hassle related digestion.