Along with being a ginger food item, it is also an Ayurvedic medicine. Which is used daily in every household? The scientific name of Ginger is Zingiber officinale. Ginger can be used both fresh and dried. Due to its hotness, it is consumed mostly in winter. In this season, eating ginger can prevent problems like cough, cold, and mucus. Ginger contains nutrients like protein, carbohydrates, iron, calcium, which work to keep our body healthy.
Nutrition Facts (100 grams)
- Calories 80
- Fat 0.8 g
- Sodium 13 mg
- Potassium 415 mg
- Carbohydrate 18 g
- Dietary fiber 2 g
- Sugar 1.7 g
- Protein 1.8 g
Varieties of Ginger
- IISR Varda
- IISR Rejatha
Read More:-Turnip – Salad & Vegetable
Benefits of Ginger
- You know that anti-oxidants are found in ginger, but these anti-oxidants give your body the ability to fight cancer. If you consume it regularly, it can easily prevent you from breast, skin, lame and prostate cancer.
- If ginger is used in your diet, it not only helps in stomach problems like indigestion, sour belching, constipation, gas, etc., it also makes the digestive system easier. Actually, ginger helps in breaking down the proteins present in the food due to which the person does not have digestive problems.
- Perhaps you are surprised to know, but with the help of ginger, the problem of high blood pressure can be controlled to a great extent. Not only this, but ginger is also beneficial for both high blood pressure and low blood pressure patients. If ginger juice is consumed, it helps in thinning the blood, due to which the blood flows in the body properly and you do not have to face the problem of blood pressure.
- Women must include ginger in some form or the other in their diet. The anti-inflammatory properties present in it are considered particularly beneficial for women. In particular, its intake during periods gives them great relief from pain and gastric problems.
- Ginger panacea is a cure for people who have migraine problems. Whenever a migraine attack occurs, drink ginger tea. Drinking this will relieve pain and vomiting in migraine to a great extent.
- If hunger seems to decrease and it has to be increased, then ginger can also benefit greatly. Consuming ginger helps in digesting the nutritional properties of food, which helps a lot in increasing appetite.
- Facial complexion can also be improved by the use of ginger. The problem of stains can be overcome with ginger juice. Ginger is also helpful in reducing wrinkles. This keeps your face in bloom.
- Ginger removes excess body fat. By drinking ginger mixed with green tea, you keep your weight under control. Apart from this, the consumption of ginger increases the metabolism in the body, so the food does not turn into fat.
- Mash the head with ginger oil, then wash the hair, using it continuously will relieve you from the problem of Russian. Ginger reduces hair fall, increases hair and properly circulates blood between hairs.
- Ginger juice helps a lot in maintaining the level of glucose in our body. Drinking it not only strengthens our immune system but also eliminates diseases from the root.