Broccoli is not a very popular vegetable, but it cannot be denied that it is a treasure of qualities. Protein, calcium, carbohydrate, iron, vitamin A, C, and many other nutrients are found in plenty. Many types of salts are also found in it, which are helpful in keeping the sugar level balanced. Broccoli looks very much like cabbage. If you want, you can use it as a salad, in soup or as a vegetable. Some people also like to cook it by steam.
Types of Broccoli
Calabrese broccoli – This species of broccoli is named after the famous Italian city of Calabria. Its upper part is dark green in color. It is grown on cold days or in cool places.
Broccoli rabe – Broccoli rabe is also known as broccoli rob. It is leafy like spinach.
Broccoflower – It looks less like broccoli and more like cauliflower. It also tastes somewhat like cauliflower.
Gai-lan – It is also known as Chinese Broccoli. It is long and leafy and more nutritious than normal broccoli.
Sprouting broccoli – Its upper part is stretched and has many stalks
Purple cauliflower – Purple broccoli is also a type of broccoli. It is purple in color. It is used more in America and Europe.
Read More:-Spinach: Nutrition Facts & Health Benefits
Benefits of Broccoli for Health
- If you want to lose weight, you must consume broccoli because it is rich in nutrients and calories are very low, so weight remains under control.
- For those people, especially women who are anemic, the consumption of broccoli proves to be very beneficial because the amount of iron in it is also good. Eating broccoli provides enough iron to the body, which never allows anemia.
- An adequate amount of vitamin C is found in broccoli. Vitamin C helps to boost the immune system in the body and prevent infection.
- Carotenoid lutein is found in broccoli. It keeps the arteries of the heart-healthy. Consumption of this reduces the risk of heart attack and other diseases. The potassium present in it does not allow cholesterol levels to rise.
- Due to iron and adequate nutrients, it helps in developing the baby’s brain. By eating this, the children are sharpened and their thinking and thinking power increases.
- If you want your eyesight to be always good, then include broccoli in your diet, because the beta-carotene and vitamin A present in it helps to increase eyesight.
- Of course, junk food tastes good to everyone but eating it spoils the digestive system. Due to this, problems associated with the digestive system begin. In such a situation, broccoli can help in your digestion. Broccoli contains glucosinolates and vitamin C, which can help you digest food quickly.
- There are many reasons for allergies and one of them is lack of protein. The properties of broccoli also include that it contains a high amount of protein. Due to its intake, the body gets a sufficient amount of protein and starts producing antioxidants in the cells. Thus it can work in the treatment of any kind of allergy.
- You have read about the many benefits of broccoli, but do you know that broccoli is beneficial for your skin as well. Actually, broccoli contains vitamin-C and sulforaphane, which can help keep your skin healthy. Its use can relieve skin related problems.
- Many times you start looking older than your age due to hair loss and baldness problem. Also, this problem also becomes a cause for concern. In this case, the intake of adequate nutrients is necessary and they can be replenished by the consumption of green vegetables. Must also include broccoli in green vegetables, because vitamin B and vitamin C are found in broccoli. They make your hair strong and can prevent them from falling out.
- Increased fat in the liver causes liver problems and the Liver can also stop working. In this case, sulforaphane found in broccoli may prevent fatty liver problems, but may not have an effect on a fatal disease such as liver cancer. Therefore, for healthy liver, take Broccoli.